The Community Health Worker (CHW) workforce is accelerating as changes are creating new opportunities for community health centers (CHCs). Join this 90-minute webinar that reviews the CHC approach on how to employ CHWs and operationalize CHW services at their sites, understand the policies in place and take-home strategies that will help the workforce grow sustainably.
DATE: November 2, 2023
TIME: 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. (Pacific)
Participants will hear from a health center (TBA) that is home to many CHWs, subject expertise from Population Health Management Initiative (PHMI), Health Management Associates (HMA), and California Primary Care Association (CPCA) staff leads who will highlight key considerations about CHWs.
- Identify the opportunities and practices that CHCs share when supporting CHWs in the field such as including them in an interdisciplinary team and creating interventions that address patient needs.
- Understand the policy limitations and opportunities for developing the CHW workforce.
- Increase awareness on how CHCs operationalize and create a trusting environment for CHWs.
- Araceli Valencia, Program Coordinator of Health Professions, California Primary Care Association
- Allie Budenz, Director of Population Health Management, California Primary Care Association
- Joe H Lee, MSHA, Lead Partner Engagement Communications, Kaiser Permanente
- Catherine Knox, Principal, Health Management Associates
- Community Health Center (TBA)
If you have any questions, please email us at PHM_Initiative@kp.org.